Friday, September 09, 2005

sixdykstras' Kitchen

sixdykstras' Kitchen



Posted by: sixdykstras (My Page) on Mon, Sep 29, 03 at 0:04

Well, before my post drops off the the second page, I thought I'd add my kitchen to this thread. Thanks for starting it Wendy. :-)

Well, I'm not finished yet, but I am FINALLY posting pictures, yea!!! Our DIY project began on December 28, 2003 after a leaky pipe was discovered. I had been researching cabinet choices, etc. since October, but had nothing firm yet. Well, here are the specifics:
Pecan Cabinets by Omega -- Embassy's Plainfield style with Autumn finish
India Red Granite Counters by Silk Road Caravan a DIY project -- ebay -- Matching tile for the backsplash from Expo
Elkay sink with 10" deep bowl on the left -- ebay
Mico Seashore faucet in Satin Nickel -- ebay
Kenmore Elite Navigator Microhood -- ebay
Kenmore Elilte Duel Fuel Range -- Scratch & Dent Isle
Kenmore Trio Frig -- my BIG splurge
Fisher & Paykel Dish Drawers with Integrated Panels -- My favorite purchase!
Hydromaid Disposal
Pasta Drawers
Corbel from Van Dyke's
Seedy Glass in the cabinet doors
New dishes -- Martha Stewart Collection :)
We have trim work to finish yet and the lighting for under cabinets and over the sink has not been purchased yet. There is some beadboard work to finish yet too. We are probably 90% complete. I wonder if it will ever be 100% :)

Thanks for all of your help and support during this project! I couldn't have done it without ALL of YOU!!!
Kathy :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Kathy's Kitchen

editor's note: this is the updated link:
http://www.pbase.com/6dykstras/kathys_kitchen&page=1

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, gorgeous kitchen. I especially appreciated all your references to where you obtained the items...thanks for going to the trouble!