certifiable ths tko finished kitchen
Contact: thull (My Page)
Posted on Thu, Aug 3, 06
Link to kitchen photos:
- Cabinets: Scherr's, doors are shaker with solid center panel in select cherry
- Knobs/pulls: Knob Hill "martini" knob (HD only) and Liberty "retro curl" pull (knobsandthings.com)
- Range: Bluestar 36" RNB, six burners
- Hood: Vent-a-hood SEPXH18-242
- Granite: Verde Butterfly, 3cm
- Wall paint: BM, color is 1301, I forget the name of the red
- Dishwasher: Kitchenaid KUDS02FRSS
- Sink: Rohl Allia 6337 undermount
- Faucet: Brizo Venuto in stainless w/ soap dispenser
- Disposal: Insinkerator 444 w/ air switch
- Fridge: Kitchenaid KSCS25INSS
- Convection/Micro: GE JE1590
- Pendants: forget brand- low voltage amber pyramid pendants from HD
- Backsplash: 1x1 slate mosaic w/ "antique grey" outlet covers from Vermont Slate Art
- UC Lights: GE Profile fluorescent
- Floor: 3/4" oak strip, mixed new and c. '49; Minwax "Golden Oak" stain, Bona Traffic finish
Basically, before the project, this was two rooms, with a wall that lined up where the middle of the hood/range is. Left was the dining room, and the kitchen to the right.
The wall cabs are 13" deep.
The glass-front cabinets house our "company" dishes and various glassware. The 36" wide drawer bases below have everyday dishes, nice flatware, and various trays/bowls/baking dishes.
To the left of the range is a cabinet w/ tray dividers and a 4-drawer stack. Pot and pan drawers (30", 2-drawer stack) are to the right of the range.
The big cab to the L of the fridge has pullout trays. We have another pantry in the laundry room (outside the french door in the other photos), and we haven't worked out what to put in each yet. Drawers to the L of fridge have everyday flatware, punkin gear, and overflow pots/pans. Drawers under microwave have bags/wraps, plastic ware, and colanders/mixing bowls. Above the MW are everyday glassware and misc stuff.
Next is the sink/faucet/DW. Left of the sink (not pictured) are two cabs, one w/ a Rev-a-shelf trash pullout, and the other a skinny one for cutting boards w/ knives in a drawer above.