Contemporary vaulted ceiling kitchen
Contact: sue_b (My Page)
Posted on Sun, Sep 24, 06
Link to kitchen photos: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=7a11susn.9pgjdd6r&x=0&y=-shzx1u
- Cabinets: Custom shaker style, maple with a light stain, by local Northern Virginia cabinet maker company Production II
- Counters: Island is polished marble, Rosso Verona. Counters on two walls are granite Rosewood (also known as Amber Fantasy). Polished marble is beautiful but delicate. Etching from orange juice container and some scratches were visible to me right away. But it is beautiful.
- Backsplash: On range wall, red limestone 2" x 2", glass mosaic tile from ebay as accents cut from two $18 sample sheets. Field tiles are Jerusalem Gold 4" x 4". Supplied by Mosaic Tile in Chantilly, Virginia, manufacturer unknown.
- Floor: Centiva Event, 18" vinyl tile, no grout lines. Color is Mesa. Looks great, does not show dirt, is warm and comfortable. Glasses don’t break when dropped.
- Refrigerator: Electrolux Icon cabinet-depth SxS smudge-proof stainless E23CS78ESS – love it; it really does not get fingerprints.
- Range: Jenn-Air Dual Fuel and convection 6 burner 36" PRD3630NP – love it. Might be more range than two people need. 3 levels of racks, and they slide very easily. Some burners have a very low simmer feature. .
- Hood: Vent-a-Hood 42" Eurostyle EPH18, WDC1034SS. Chimney extra height from local metal fabricator (less $ than Vent-a-Hood extender).
- Microwave: KitchenAid Ultimacook 240V. 27" with stainless steel trim kit, installed under the counter in the island KBHC179JSS. Trim kit KBMS1454R SS. Very expensive but we’re having super fast, easy and perfectly cooked meals. Comes with a "codes" laminated sheet for many types of food (baked potatoes, pizza, chicken wings, lasagna, etc.)
- Disposer: Batch Feed KitchenAid 1 horsepower. KBDX250X
- Sink: Blanco Supreme, 1 ¾ bowl, undermount, polished finish, 18 gauge, 18/10 chrome nickel. 31 5/16" wide. Sink grid for each bowl. Don’t get the colander or basket—too much $$. Faucet.com
- Faucet: Grohe Ladylux Café, Stainless steel pull out spray faucet. Love it, spray pull down works great. Faucet.com
- Dishwasher: KitchenAid KUDI0 series, stainless steel tub. Not very quiet, cleans dishes well.
- Tapmaster #1750. Tapmaster.ca
- Built in Coffeemaker, Brew Express by Lance Larkin. Water line installed behind cabinet.