Contact: cubby14 (My Page)
Posted on Wed, Nov 8, 06
Link to kitchen photos: http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/mcubb14/
- Cabinets: Medallion Calistoga in cherry Pecan finish
- Granite: Russian Sable (similar to tan brown but less chunky and a little more movement)
- Backsplash: tumbled marble Alexandria no enhancer just sealed with a deco liner from Villagio tile scroll liner in bronze.
- Flooring: Natural white oak prefinished planks
- Appliances: KitchenAid cabinet depth refrigerator, double convection ovens, GE spacemaker microwave, Viking 30" induction cooktoop and Kobe range hood.
- paint: Sherwin Williams Inviting Ivory
- barstools: Sedona Swivel http://www.barstoolsuperstore.com/bar-stools/metal/products.cfm?
- the wrought iron rack and the baskets are both from Longaberger
Things I love:
- induction cooktop it is so fast and responsive and after a regular electic cooktop it is heaven.
- huge island we got rid of kitchen table and don't miss it a bit.
- corner lazy susan so much more usable than old blind cabinet
- step in pantry had deep pantry shelves and hated them love being able to see things (only 12" deep shelves) feels like more space even though it isn't.
- no soffit even though I can't reach the top of anything without a stool.
Things I don't love:
- sink is too deep I am 5'2" and my back hurts when I am doing anything in it silgranite double bowl 9" bowls.
- faucet it is Price Pfister and has never worked correctly, sprayer leaks after fixing twice. It is being replaced as soon as I find something.
- only getting the 30" four burner induction cooktop instead of the 36" six burner.