Contact: lindjake (My Page)
Posted Feb. 2007
Link to kitchen photos: http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e239/lindjake/
- Cabinets: custom cabinets in maple from Honey Brook Cabinets in Pennsylvania
- Countertop: Juparana Bordeaux granite
- backsplash: tbd
- interim backsplash: medallion from Home Goods
- Fisher Paykel dish drawers
- Silgranit Anthracite single bowl sink
- Kohler Vinnata
Things I love:
- Silgranit Anthracite single bowl sink (went from a two bowl sink to this one and just love it!!)
- Granite - chose Juparana Bordeaux and just love the colors and the movement - it is so warm and beautiful!
- We took out island (it was more of a hinderence in our kitchen) and put in a peninsula - great countertop space and makes the flow much better.
- Took out a former wall of 12" wide floor to ceiling pantry cabinets and put in a beautiful pantry 'hutch' type cabinet system with cabinets on sides (above counter level) and open in middle (for display items and microwave) and pull out shelves and drawers on bottom half of pantry 'hutch'. This is one of my favorite parts of the kitchen.
- Changed microwave from being over stove to hidden behind pull out doors on the pantry 'hutch' - love that it can be hidden!
- Deep drawers for pots and pans
- Love the hardwood floor - again, so warm and cozy.
- Love my Fisher Paykel dish drawers - we took a chance on this one and am so happy we did.
- Love my Kohler Vinnata pull down faucet - it is beautiful and so functional!
- Went from white Thermofoil cabinets to painted maple cabinets (white with glaze) and love the real wood!