Mostly Finished Kitchen
Contact: elljays (My Page)
Posted on Mon, Mar 19, 07
Link to kitchen photos: http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Elljays/Kitchen/
- Cabinets: local custom, beaded inset. SW French Ivory on perimeter, tiger maple island.
- Counters: Honed labrador black and tiger maple
- Hardware: Schaub select distressed nickel
- Sinks: Kohler
- Faucets: Grohe Ladylux
- Cooktop: 36" Wolf
- Ovens: Monogram Advantium and Wolf 30"
- Warming Drawer: Wolf
- Refrigerator: Subzero
- Dishwasher: Bosch
- Backsplash tile: Encore ceramics
- Wall Color: SW Compatible Cream
- Floors: Red oak, finished to match existing red oak flooring in the rest of the house
- Ceramic floor: Villagio "Charlotte"
- Pendant lights: JV Imports
- Chandelier: Framburg
We're still not finished (waiting on blinds, valances, new table and chairs, etc.) but for the most part, we're done.
The main part of our island is 6' X 6'. There is a raised part (painted ivory) that is 20 inches deep and about 76" long. The kneespace for the stools is 15".
We had to have the columns to hide support posts, since we removed a wall there to add the breakfast room addition. I didn't want to have to walk around posts, so I designed the island to incorporate them. We're really happy with how it turned out. I lost a lot of sleep, worrying about the size of the island and whether or not it would be too big, but it honestly doesn't seem too large. I love having the workspace!
We found the hood design on Stanisci Designs' website (wood-hood.com). We had our cabinetmaker make one similar.
I love our honed granite! It's so easy to take care of, and doesn't show fingerprints or anything.