Modern Kitchen in Bauhaus Home
Contact: evergreendan (My Page)
Posted on Sun, Sep 16, 07
Link to kitchen photos: http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p222/EvergreenDan/Kitchen%20Remodel/
- Home style: Bauhaus modern, built in 1965, white vertical siding, walls of glass.
- Cabinets: Custom curly sycamore on Medex with maple plywood boxes, Valli & Valli pulls, soft-close drawers.
- Countertops: 3cm Honed Absoulte black.
- Bartop: 8/8 African Pearwood (Moabi), bookmatched slabs.
- Backsplash: Bisazza Logos 24"x24" glass aglomerate tile
- Shades: Draper Flexshade motorized shades
- Lighting: 6" cans with Crestron infiNet dimmers/controllers; Seagul 12v Xenon undercabinet, with transformer hidden behind false panel above range hood.
Thermador Freedom 18" freezer and 30" fridge
Bluestar RNB36 6-burner range
Kitchenaid built-in microwave
Miele washer & dryer
KWC Matterhorn sink & Blanco Precision prep sink
Hans Grohe ADA compliant pull-down faucets
Hunley InstaHot dispenser w/ filter
- Fridge / Freezer panel extends to ceiling; Freezer trim bezel elminated for cleaner look.
- Floodstop of ice dispenser and washer, connect to alarm in Crestron control system
Dynaudio in-ceiling speaker connected to basement audio rack
- 4 large pots-and-pans drawers.
- Custom dividers in 4 main cutlery / sharps / utensil drawers
- Pull-out shelf in cabinet for toaster oven and coffee grinder
- "McDonalds" style hidden custom trash can with pull-out wood trashcan on casters
- Undercabinet paper towel dispenser and 2 plastic bag recycling / dispensers.
- Pneumatic pushbutton disposer buttons.
- Never-MT soap dispensers
- Aluminum plug mold with blank section behind sink (on GFCI)
- Hood lights wired to undercabinet dimmer.
- Phone niche with false panel concealing outlet, phone/internet/cable connections, and wireless access point.
- 4 drawers with in-drawer plugmold, wired to retractile cord and plugged into hidden outlets behind drawers.
- Food pantry drawers, 2 shallow ones for cans, 2 deep ones for containers, plus upper cabinet with 4 pull-out trays behind a door.
- Washer/dryer cabinet built with studs removed behind it for extra depth, plus external cold air supply so dryer can run with doors shut. Booze storage above, with hidden removable back panel to access plugs for washer, dryer, and floodstop.