My DIY is finally finished
Contact: bamaspice (My Page)
Posted on Thu, Feb 22, 07
Link to kitchen photos: http://www.photobucket.com/albums/n298/bamaspice/
- The cabinets are Wellborn White thermofoil laminate cabinets. We peeled the laminate off it came off in sheets and underneath was the orange mdf. We then sanded, primed with Behr premium primer and painted with Lowe's American Tradition Jekyll Club Veranda Ivory latex paint. I glazed the cabinets with raw umber glaze from lowe's. The island is American Tradition Safari Brown. I drew the legs and our handyman cut them out for me.
- The backsplash was a shiny white plain tile and I thought I could remove it without destroying the drywall..I was wrong...I now know how to replace drywall. The tile is Daltile's Splitface mosaic in Sienna Classico. I installed the tile by myself and I'm really happy with it. I saved about $400 by ordering it from thefloooringmarket.com. The tile behind the stove is hanging on top of the tile. It is made of resin and was on clearance at Fred's Super Dollar Store for $12.
- The granite is Santa Rita. We hired someone to install the granite.
- The Hardware I got on ebay for $1 a cup pull and .50 a knob. It's Liberty Antique Brass from a company called Cripe Distributing. The pulls were made to stand off the cabinets but I made the holes bigger to make the pulls flush. The outlets as you can see in the upclose pictures are in a standard place...I worried about then but bought natural wood outlet covers at home depot and you really don't notice them.
- The walls are SW flowerpot