tah-dah!! the wait is over! thanks for the advice!
Contact: jennyandretti (My Page)
Posted on Tue, Jan 22, 08
Link to kitchen photos: http://www.photobucket.com/albums/s22/JennyAndretti/
- Cabinets: 60% cabinets are from our old kitchen
- Countertops: soapstone and butcherblock
- Backsplash: thin brick
- GE Monogram wall oven and warming drawer
- Bosch counter-depth SxS 'fridge
- Thermador 36" cooktop
- Best by Broan 36" hood
- Sink: Rohl Shaw's apron sink
-floors 50% recycled wood
-home state grown (radius 25 miles) wood for countertops
-built-in compost bin and recycling basket in countertop
-60% cabinets are from our old kitchen
-low-emission paint used on walls and cabinets
-tung oil used on countertops
- wall color is Pratt & Lambert's dried moss
- beadboard soffit
The recycling basket itself is from a bicycle shop. It was missing it's frame for a bike and I knew a use for it as soon as I saw it.
It's not too heavy to lift: I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to easily get a recycling container out of a space so far back in the corner. I like having a place to shove all the little stuff to get it off the countertops.