my finished kitchen
Contact: lovemyboys (My Page)
Posted on Wed, Feb 6, 08
Link to kitchen photos: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcNnDNu5ctnEQ
- Cabinets: custom, painted a custom off white color. (This was the hardest decision by far... my painter hated me but sat and mixed paint for two days while I vetoed colors.)
- Countertop: Imperial Gold granite
- Backsplash: Jeruselum Gold limestone with Walker Zanger Fleur-de-lis accents
- Knobs: Top Knobs Normandy collection
- Floor: ivory premium travertine
- Appliances: Kitchen Aid fridge, Wolf AG range, Dacor oven and micro, Miele dw (existing and what started the remodel since my 1978 whirlpool died)
- Floor Mosaic: Fleur-de-lis mosaic from Tesserae Mosaics in New Mexico. This is on the ground below the bar sink.
- Lighting: The chandeliers are one of my favorite features and my DH wasn't thrilled either. That was a direct steal from sharb's kitchen (along with the beadboard and shelves in the pantry). They came from Murray Feiss and I have similar crystal accented lighting features in my bathroom, hall and DR.
The layout of my room is hard to picture. If you are standing at the sink you look out into my family room. The wall that the chairs back to is the wall of my bar area. If you stand at the bar with the sink to the left, wine fridge and desk behind, you look out at the tv. The desk and bar area are across from my pantry and fridge. Hope that makes sense.
My island is 10 feet long and curved. The overhang ranges from 12-18". 2 cabinets under the island access the sink since there are so many components! My contractor and plumber said it reminded them of a ship's helm.
My inspirations were ArtTeacher_NJ, sharb (you will see some plagarism from her beautiful kitchen) and everyone else on the finished kitchen blog with white cabs!