Contact: mfrog (My Page)
Posted on Thu, Oct 2, 08
Link to kitchen photos: http://s400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/gumboot_gourmet/
- Cabinets: most of the cabinets were salvage (fir), all fixed up and painted the same cream. The lowers were custom made maple because we wanted deeper & higher cabinets.
- Countertops: beech - purchased from wholesaler, not from IKEA (theirs were too expensive)
- Stove: the 1951 GE restored double oven stove, purchased from an appliance store where it was rewired & completely overhauled.
- Sinks: main sink is Kohler cast iron, bar sink is Kindred
- Faucets: Delta for both main sink & bar.
- Undercabinet lights: Pottery Barn; on clearance, 3 for $20.
- Floor: refinished original fir
- Stained glass windows: also salvaged
- antique flour bin
We put in extra deep & tall cabinetry. All the lighting is period, restored. I had a custom cabinet made for the dishwasher. Alot of the cabinetry is antique, one of the best things is the built in flour bin.
The antique dresser was cut in half (the top half hung above) The flour bin is on the left, if anyone is a baker they should consider having one of these.
Full Extension Drawers