Cherry Kitchen with Bronze Backsplash Accents
Posted by suzatwork on Thu, Feb 5, 09
Link to suzatwork's Gardenweb finished kitchen post
Link to suzatwork's kitchen photos
- Cabinetry: Showplace cabinets in cherry. The perimeter cabs are ‘truffle’ stained with a ‘walnut’ glaze. The island is ‘coffee’ stained.
- Counter: New Ornamentale granite. I love the lighter granite – always looks clean!
- Cabinet glass (in uppers on either side of the sink): Rain
- Backsplash: Tumbled botticino marble with 2x2 bronze renaissance inserts. Rope is Westminster 1x6 bronze.
- Sink: Ticor. I love the large basin and grates – makes washing dishes almost enjoyable!!
- Faucet: Price Pfister Picardy in venetian bronze
- Hardware: ORB from YourHomeSupply.com
The pull is the 5 3/4" at $2.19 (there also is a 3 1/2" version that I used on built-in cabs in the adjoining family room): http://www.yourhomesupply.com/p-331-oil-rubbed-bronze-country-cabinet-hardware-pull-cp6718r-ob.aspx
The knob is $1.69: http://www.yourhomesupply.com/p-348-oil-rubbed-bronze-3-ring-cabinet-hardware-knob-cp6971-ob.aspx
- Paint: Devine oak
- Floor: BR-111 Amendoim in ¾" solid. It also runs down the hall and into our foyer. It has transformed our main level and we get tons of compliments on it.
- Pendants: Progress Lighting, Renovations series
- table and chairs: my fun estate sale find (painted after the fact) - I fell in love with the scrollwork/detail on the chairbacks!
Our lay-out has stayed pretty much the same as before with a few enhancements. Our ceilings are 9 feet and some of the cabinets now extend to the ceiling. The island is slightly larger to accommodate seating for 2. The desk has been replaced with a coffee/breakfast/snack area that has eliminated a lot of traffic in the ‘work zone’ by my kids. Great side benefit to the additional storage on that wall! Also, we added banks of drawers where there were base cabinet shelves for easier access to things. Oh, and I really like the garbage disposal airswitch.
The island cabinets are 18" deep. I didn't use a leg, as I thought it would get in the way. My kitchen is small and the entrance to the room is right there. The final counter is 28"-32" (curved side) x 60". The overhang is 12" deep in the center. The end cabinet on the island (you can see it in the last picture) is 24" deep for the pull-out trash cabinet (I was insistent on getting double bin recycling).
Cabinets: Base >24"deep
Cabinets: Wall >12"deep
Cabinets: Wall >36"high
Full Extension Drawers
Island with Seating
Lighting: Under Cabinet
Sink tilt-out tray
Toe Kick Heater