Cream and Gold Traditional Kitchen with Arches
Contact: alaskangirl (My Page)
Posted on Fri, May 8, 09
Link to alaskangirl's Gardenweb finished kitchen post
Link to alaskangirl's kitchen photos
- Cabinets: Home Depot, American Woodmark, Savannah Maple Cream Glaze. We added all the detail to the island. I just went to the paint department and got some paint to match the cabinet door, then used it to paint our homemade picture frame mouldings and bracket. The island legs are actually stair balusters from Home Depot that were like 1/10th the price of buying them from the cabinet line. I also added nice baseboard trim at the bottom of the island.
- Hardware: Restoration Hardware for the pulls in Chrome, and Lowes for the Chrome knobs.
- Appliances: all from Sears - fridge is Whirlpool Gold CD, DW is Bosch (it came out of the old kitchen, and we just replaced the outer panel to match the other SS colors.), 27" wall oven is Frigidaire, larger range is Jennair downdraft convection, Sharp 24 inch microwave drawer.
- Countertop: Kashimir Gold granite (hides everything!!)
- Pendant Lights: Pottery Barn Kids in Stainless Steel
- Backsplash: 1/2 inch polished marble mosaic (Marfel?)with standard white grout, bought at local tile place. Small bronze squares came from Home Depot. Chair rail came from Home Depot. Rope trim came from Lowes.
- Faucet: Builder's grade one that I bought off ebay.
- Valance on kitchen window: it's just fabric tacked up and scrunched with safety pins. Check out nestingplacenc.blogspot.com for instructions on this window 'mistreatment'. Awesome!
Full Extension Drawers
Island with Seating
Lighting: Under Cabinet