Fusion of Old and New: Contemporary Blue Kitchen with Vintage Touches
Contact: mrao77 (My Page)
Posted on Mon, Sep 28, 09
Link to mrao77's Gardenweb finished kitchen post
Link to mrao77's kitchen photos
- Cabinets: Light maple, from Aristokraft (original). We kept the existing cabinets since there were in excellent shape and in the color of our choice.
- Counter top: Volga Blue granite, aka Spectralite blue, Polare blue. A stone from Ukraine (from the river Volga) that has a black/greyish background with huge splotches of Spectralite crystals, that are blue and silver in different lights.
- Backsplash: Himalayan white slate 4x4, mixed with glass 2x2 tiles from Daltile, Midnight and Daylight Shimmer.
- Sink: Zero radius, 30X19, single bowl, 16 gauge, undermounted in brushed stainless finish
- Faucet: Giagni, pre-rinse, spring faucet
- Barstools: Eurway blue barstools
- Table: Eurway glass dining table and chairs
- Lighting: Island and pendant lights from Hunter, Blue Lagoon (mouthblown glass pendants with satin nickle trim)
- Paint: Wall color from Sherwin William. I custom matched it to a color called Sterling Silver. We troweled on texture onto the stripped walls after priming with a oil based blocking primer, and then painted with two coats of paint.
- Artwork: "Friday Night in Soho" by Michael Brown, Giclee on canvas.
- Curtain: grommeted Panels in morning mist, BBB
- Kitchen Rugs: "Checkered" from Kohls
- Pot rack and pots 'n pans: Collection from grandmother, mom and some new additions, made to look vintage!
I planned a contemporary kitchen with modern lines and achieved the look. But I was unable to give up my collection of vintage pot 'n pans, pot rack and my grandmother's cookware. SO I incorporated them into modern kitchen- hence the fusion of Old and New!!
Bar with Seating
Cabs Wall>36in High
Cutting Board Storage
Lighting Above Cabinet
Lighting Under Cabinet
Message Center Desk
Peninsula with Seating