Thursday, June 30, 2005

caroline_d's Kitchen

My new kitchen photos!

Posted by caroline_d (My Page) on Sun, Jun 5, 05 at 20:14


Hi All - I'm finally done, and I am so happy with my new kitchen. I was going for a sleek look and I think I got it right!

Dynasty Cabinets with Merlot finish
Cambrian Black countertops
All appliances Ge Monogram except warming drawer and dishwasher is Jenn-air
Red Oak Hardwood floors
Moen Faucet
Lightolier Lighting
Anderson windows and sliders

Here is a link that might be useful: Caroline's kitchen


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: My new kitchen photos!

The cabinets are GORGEOUS! I love the appliances, too (what a big fridge!) Boy, do you have high ceilings, or what?

Were the stools stained to match the cabinetry?


 o RE: My new kitchen photos!

Caroline -

what a beautiful kitchen! I love your cabinets & countertops! enjoy!


 o RE: My new kitchen photos!

I love the color of your cabinets! Great job.

 o RE: My new kitchen photos!

What an exceptional kitchen, bright and airy....enjoy every moment spent in there. Cabs are fantastic. Thanks for sharing your lovely space.

 o RE: My new kitchen photos!

Hi, Caroline, wonderful kitchen, I love those beautiful windows. Your kitchen looks great for entertaining. Was this a remodel or new construction? Enjoy your new space!

 o RE: My new kitchen photos!

Thanks for the comments. This was new construction, and the stools are actually from my hold house. I got lucky with the stain

 o RE: My new kitchen photos!

Great layout and design. Love the contrast with cherry wood and stainless. Who is the sink by?

 o RE: My new kitchen photos!

The sink is by Kindred. Not sure if you can tell by the photos, but it is 9 inches deep and the granite it about two inches thick, so I can get my massive lobster pot in there with ease (the sink is one bowl). My old sink wasn't nearly as large and the faucet wasn't as high, so it was a real pain to wash an oversize pot or pan.

 o RE: My new kitchen photos!

How are you handling the exhaust? I dont see a vent?

 o RE: My new kitchen photos!

Sleek it is...and that is an exceptional ceiling. I bet it looks spectacular when the lights are dimmed in the pm. Kind of like your own stars!

Interesting regional things to plan for..we have a crab pot and you have a lobster pot. ;-) yummy all round.


 o RE: My new kitchen photos!

The vent is a GE monogram downdraft that pops up. If you look at the photos, the vent is down in Pic 12, but up in Pic 14. We have a blower underneath the cooktop that vents everything outside. I like having the line of sight into the family room so I can easily talk to the kids or company, so I didn't do a hood. It has worked well so far, even with my big lobster pot :)

0 comments: