Thursday, June 30, 2005

doggiemom's Kitchen

Refinished Kitchen with Green Slate Backsplash


Posted by DoggieMom on Jun 28, 2005
Link to DoggieMom's kitchen photos
Link to DoggieMom's Before&After Photo

Introduction:
My kitchen "facelift" is 99% complete. I just need to add some switchplates and the undercabinet lighting. The house is 9 1/2 years old and the kitchen needed an update. Like many before me I want to thank everyone on this forum for your help, ideas and support. I know I am happier with the way the kitchen turned out as a result of the ideas I've gotten and the things I've learned here. And having this forum to turn to during the rough patches truly helped my anxiety level

Details:
  • Perimeter cabinets are original - painted in Vellum by Porter with chesnut glaze - upgraded molding
  • Island and fridge cabs are Kraftmaid birch with chocolate glaze
  • Countertops - Tropic Brown granite
  • Cooktop - Kitchenaid
  • Sink - Elkay double bowl
  • Faucet - Kohler Vinnata (like you didn't know)
  • Backsplash - Daltile Continental Slate in Brazilian green with natural slate border
  • Wine Cooler - GE Profile
  • My oven and microwave are originial to the house and are 9 1/2 years old. They are JennAir.
  • The cooktop is new, it is Kitchenaid model #KGCS105GSS with a retractable downdraft vent in back.
We never used the desk area as a desk so that big hole underneath was just wasted space. We love wine so that seemed like a better option, (looks cool too).
The backsplash was the first element I chose for the kitchen. I wish the photos could do justice to the colors, it's got a lot of variation and is very organic looking. My granite is Tropic Brown which can vary quite a bit, I specifically chose slabs that have green undertones with clear black specks and I'm very happy with the way it looks with the backsplash.




0 comments: