Monday, July 04, 2005

arianaciara's Kitchen

Upgraded Kitchen


by arianaciara (My Page) on Fri, Jun 10, 05
link to kitchen: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/arianaciara/album?.dir=517b&.src=ph

Details:

This is a new construction home. The kitchen had formica counters no backsplash, and cement floors. We kept the cabinets and appliances since they are new. Someday I'll upgrade to SS.

We installed:

  • St. Cecilia granite counter tops .- $29 sqft
  • Elkay ss sink incl. $1500
  • John Boo butcher block island top-$300-online
  • laminate flooring- husband installed, got online for $1.19 sqft
  • tile backsplash- $215 for the tile, $250 to have it installed
  • Price Pfister victorian faucet-$150 ebay

With everything mentioned above plus accessories and misc. It came to about $3,500. I am very happy with the results. although I am looking at doing something decorative to the island (maybe paint it black or add some moldings?), buying new stools and haven't made up my mind on installing or a pot rack or light pendants above the island.

Debbie

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen pics


Follow-Up Postings:

 o RE: Upgraded Kitchen

  • Posted by: Cade (My Page) on Fri, Jun 10, 05 at 17:33
Wow! Your kitchen came out really nice. Butcher block looks great. I love the color of the walls. Can you tell me the color. thanks

 o RE: Upgraded Kitchen

Amazing! I love seeing creative makeovers done on a budget, since that's what I'm trying to do myself. And this does not look like a budget makeover at all. I particularly love that butcherblock island. Great job!

 o RE: Upgraded Kitchen

I love the faucet and the colors in the backsplash. Let us know what you do with the island. Hope you are enjoying your new home and kitchen.

 o RE: Upgraded Kitchen

Whoa, how did you get that price on your granite? Was it including installation?

 o RE: Upgraded Kitchen

I love white -- by the time you get around to "upgrading" your appliance to SS, white may be all the range! Though my money's on color...

I'm still trying to figure out how to cover up the stainless steel range waiting to move into my kitchen...


 o RE: Upgraded Kitchen

Hi:

Thanks to all for your comments!

rebecca2000- The granite price. included installation, it was a new company starting out and they were offering 6 set colors, 1" thick for the $29. I would've liked a thicker and more worked edge but I decided to go with the basics.

I am really happy with the outcome.

Regards
Debbie


 o RE: Upgraded Kitchen

Debbie, great job! I really like the way you did the backsplash with the random placement of the colors. Funky yet elegant!

0 comments: