Finished Kitchen, including backsplash!
Contact: joanp (My Page)
Posted on Wed, Nov 15, 06
Link to kitchen photos:
- Cabinets-- Shaker style, but with 3" stiles (slightly thicker than usual). Material is maple with tawny stain.
- Countertops-- Tunas Verde granite from Walker Zanger.
- Backsplash-- glass tile from Waterworks. It's a glassy thin tile and it's back is sandblasted. The field color is Frosty Meadow.
- Knobs are Top Knobs --from doorandcabinetdepot.com, which has an excellent return policy for items you don't want.
- Wolf 36" all gas, with center grill, which we love and use often. Honestly the cleanup isn't as bad as I feared.
- Hood-- best by Broan, 42", 1200 cfm with commercial baffles, which pop into the dishwasher as needed.
- Thermador 30" electric oven is in the island, which works fine for us. Honestly, we use this one more than the Wolf. The electric oven doesn't generate much heat, it heats up relatively quickly, cooks evenly.
- Bosch dishwasher --love that it's so quiet.
- KitchenAid 42" side-by-side Architect Series with ice and water dispenser. The water comes out a bit slowly and the ice comes in bursts, so it's not perfect but it's fine for us. We use it all day long.
- Sink is a Kindred Big Single Sink, with grid. Love it. -bought on eBay with no problems.
- Disposal is Waste King.
- Instant Hot is Franke Little Butler
- Faucet is Grohe Ladylux with soap dispenser.
- Microwave is GE Spacemaker JEM31 800 watts --ordered from ABT.
- Floor-- we kept the red oak that was already here.
- Pendant lights-- Bojo Pendant, Tornado Red from lighting universe.com. (I tried one, knowing I could return it, then ordered the other two.)
What we like most about the kitchen is that it is comfortable to work in. We decided that what we needed was not 2 sinks, but more counter space. I wanted two ovens, and we use them both. I do love having both an electric and an all-gas.
Table is 48" round. We are a family of 4, but usually pull up an extra chair. 5 is ok, but 6 is a squeeze. (The table does have a 2-foot leaf, making the circle into an oval, but we haven't used it for a while.)
We added the 10- x 10' space to the house so that the table and chairs would fit comfortably. I asked for the desk and file drawers, so it's not quite 100 sq ft., but close enough. To sit at the desk, I just pull up one of the kitchen chairs. (We also keep a box for paper recycles under the desk.)