Contact: wonbyherwits (My Page)
Posted on Fri, Aug 17, 07 (kitchen completed in 2005)
Link to kitchen photos: http://definebeforedesign.blogspot.com/2007/12/defining-kitchen.html
- Cabinets: custom, painted sage with coffee glaze. The wooden hood is custom made based on a stone hood photo that I showed the cabinetmaker.
- Countertop: The granite is Imperial Gold.
- Backsplash: Durango Gold with pewter accent tiles behind the range.
- Island: mahogany butcherblock made by a local woodworker. I use Boos Mystery Oil on it. I designed the island and our cabinetmaker built it. It's painted black, distressed finish with turned English legs.
- The farm sink is Shaw's Original, single bowl.
- The prep sink is Rohl Allia.
- Both faucets are Rohl Country in satin nickel.
The kitchen does fit the house; it's English Cottage inspired with changes for our lifestyle, climate and setting.