98% Finished kitchen pics
Posted by bikey (My Page)
Posted on Sun, Aug 12, 07
Link to kitchen photos: http://web.mac.com/kloeffle/Kirktree_House/Kitchen.html
- Omega Custom cabinets, inset, pearl finish. 48 x 13" uppers
- Backsplash : carrara marble (see details below)
- Thermador 36" built refrigerator, 36" rangetop wth griddle, range hood with remote blower, and double 24" convection ovens
- Bosch dishwasher (we love it)
- GE Spacesaver MW with trim kit
- U-Line wine cooler
- Microwave: GE Spacemaker II with a trim kit. It makes the microwave look built in
- Floor is red oak with dark walnut stain
- Island is made of the Omega cabinets and has a 2" solid mahogany countertop. The countertop was custom made by a local (DC area) furniture company (Hardwood Artisans). They don't usually do counters, but we are good customers so they helped us out.
- Bar stools are mahogany, also from Hardwood artisans.
- Pendants over the island are 7" Hudson Valley "Randolph" collection in Polished nickel.
- Perimeter countertops are honed absolute black granite. Yes, they are as high maintenance as people say. :-(
- paint: Benjamin Moore color called "Garden Path." The ceiling is two shades lighter.
- knobs: Top Knobs, brushed nickel
- stained glass: from a little shop in Provincetown, MA. Purchased about 12 - 13 years ago
- Floor: red oak, finished in place. It is stained with Minwax Dark Walnut and has a satin poly finish. The floor guy put alcohol on the oak before he stained it. He said that made the stain go on more evenly.
The backsplash is carrara marble with snow white grout. I don't recall what the finish is called, but it is smoother than honed and less smooth than polished. It is sort of like eggshell. The bottom of it is a 1" x 1/2" pencil molding, with a c. 5" x 12" tile under it. I cut the bottom tiles from 12" x 12" tiles and used a height that would allow me to have full subway tiles above it. The intent was to have the bottom of the backsplash look something like the window and door casings.