Wednesday, October 17, 2007

rotag's Kitchen

Kitchen 99% Finished



Contact: rotag (My Page)
Posted on Sun, Jun 24, 07
Link to kitchen photos: http://www.photobucket.com/albums/n283/rotag5

Details:
  • Cabinets: My cabinets were made by a local cabinet maker. He worked from pictures that I gave him of beaded inset cabinets. I had contacted Crown Point initially, but couldn't justify their price. He came in at less than half of their quote, and I'm very happy with the job he did.
  • Countertops: soapstone and marble. The soapstone was just called "blue soapstone." It came from a warehouse in Tampa and is extremely hard. The marble is honed statuary, 3 cm with an eased edge.
  • Prep sink - I believe, is made by Harsa. I purchased it on E-Bay from Blue Bath. I just was double checking on the site and they don't have any by Harsa, but I think the Whitehaus 507 is the same one. the inside dimensions are approximately 17 1/2 inches x 14 1/4 inches and 7 inches deep. The drain is towards the back, centered. I decided to go with a bigger prep sink than I had planned, and now I'm glad I did. We use it constantly.
  • Prep sink faucet: is by Justyna - the Primo Maglio in satin nickel, also purchased on E-bay. I'm not as crazy about it. The spray hits more at the front of the sink instead of the center. Nothing splashes out, but it just seems different than what I expected. I didn't want a high arc for the island sink faucet and I really liked the look of this one and it really is alright, very well made.
  • Faucet - Kohler Vinnata.
  • Insta hot - the Little Gourmet by Mountain Plumbing MT550DIY in satin nickel. Purchased on ebay. I think this is one of my favorite features now. I use it every day.
  • Appliances: KitchenAid, Vent-A-Hood, Whirlpool, Wolf
  • Lighting - Rejuvenation. Rose City with the green with black lines shade. Two of those over the island and one shorter one over the sink.
  • Paint - The paint below the chair rail in our dining area is ICI Dulux Cat Grass and the upper color is also ICI Dulux Easy White which is kind of creamy off white (we used that color a lot through out the rest of the house above the chair rail)
  • Hardware - brushed nickel hardware from Lee Valley
  • Pantry door - special order from Home Depot.
I really wanted the stacked cabinet look, even if only for a few cabinets. My ceiling is 8 feet and I worried it would look funny. But my cabinet maker worked with me to try and achieve a balance. I was quite happy with the way it turned out.

The black phone on the counter is actually a timer I have had for a long time, which worked well in the new kitchen.

The micro cabinet is 18 inches deep and 22 inches wide. The cabinet next to it is 14 inches deep and 23 inches wide. Those are exterior measurements. I didn't really plan it to be stepped, but I knew that the microwave cabinet would have to be deeper. I, too, like the look of it, even though it was not done deliberately.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty good.