Finished Kitchen.... Thanks to YOU!
Contact: sheba1895 (My Page)
Posted on Wed, Aug 29, 07
Link to kitchen photos: http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd193/sheba1895/
- Cabinets: Thomasville in maple, from Home Depot.
- Countertops: perimeter countertop is Danby Marble; island countertop is mahogany wood - stained in an espresso color. Our builder made it for us and couldn't be happier with it.
- Backsplash: my favorite part of the kitchen. It's glass tile from Oceanside tile. The color is sandstone. It's the first thing people notice when they come inside. I saw it in a magazine and never looked at another backsplash.
- Appliances: FisherPaykel, Jenn-Air, KitchenAid, Sharp, Wolf
- Sink: Rohl farmhouse sink. I wasn't sure how it would look with the white countertops, but I like it.
- Faucet: Perrin and Rohl. The side-spray does have a button you press, not the most convenient but like anything, you just get used to it!
- Bar stools: They are hand made in VT and come in various colors. I bought the natural pine stools. They are quite comfortable and very kid-friendly. The seats are made from snow shoe material so you can just wipe off spills with a wet cloth.
- Floors: oak - stained in a color called "Special Walnut"
- The round pedestal table is from Crate and Barrell - It's the "Corsica" table although I believe it's discontinued. I love it because the four leaves fold down to form a square table. I also love the black base with the lighter top.
- Knobs and pulls: Another challenge because it was the last decision I had to make and didn't have strong feelings towards any knob or pull. My thought process (or lack of) was this: I liked the egg shaped knobs so I used them on every cabinet and SMALL drawer. The reason they are vertical and horizontal was simply because I thought it looked better. The little egg looked silly veritcal on a drawer but looked better on a cabinet. I used the pulls on every BIG drawer I had. I know this probably doesn't help but for some reason it made sense to me.
- Lighting - Over round table is from Restoration Hardware. Over island is from Klaffs Lighting in CT.