Costa Esmeralda/Creamy Budget Re-Do
Details from bestyears posted on Jan. 3, 2010
Link to bestyears' Gardenweb finished kitchen post
Link to bestyears' kitchen photos
Link to bestyears' Before&After photo
We essentially we started with an oak cabinet, laminate counter, white tile on the floor kitchen. We painted the cabs creamy white, put granite on the counters, wood laminate on the floors, creamy white subways on the backsplash and a sink from IKEA. That was our kitchen facelift.
- Cabinets are original, painted BM Linen White. No grain filling, just two coats of primer and two coats of paint, and the inside of the cabs is done as well. I always do all my own painting but farmed this one out after I got a really good price that included the cabinets, taking down the wallpaper, retexturing and painting walls, and repairing and repainting water-damaged ceilings in three rooms.
- Countertops:Costa Esmerelda
- Backsplash tiles are Emser Cape Cod series in cream (very pretty, crackled and glazey looking in real life). Emser tile, called "ARTISAN CREAM CRACKLE" from the Cape Cod series. I think our pattern was called Seashore. I really love it. It was one of our splurges. I bought mine through ProSource. Here's a link to the tile: Seashore Cape Code Tile
- Walls are painted are Ben Moore Coastal Fog.
- Floor is laminate, which I will have to go look up.
- The table was a $100 CL buy, and I refinished it (first time I've done that, LOL!)
- Pendants are RH Benson from Ebay.
- Faucet is Kohler Clairette (LOVE it!) from Ebay
- Sink is Double Domsjo from IKEA (LOVE it!). D
- The Fruit of the Spirit plaque is from ETSY.
- The cabinet hardware is mostly IKEA and some came from LOWEs (the shorter pieces).
- Chalkboard is from IKEA.
- Island: bought as an old dresser off CL, added the walnut top and legs ourselves
- Barstools: World Market seagrass
- Drawers, hood change-out, and cabinet over fridge done by local carpenter
- The piece with the lighted top is also a CL find, and is actually an office armoire that I use for all my bill-paying, websurfing, etc.
- I painted and distressed the chairs, which were our old kitchen chairs, but they are a bit too white, and eventually I'll get around to re-doing them
Before Photos: Yes
Floorplan Photos: No