Thursday, December 14, 2006

janellemiller's Kitchen

Yahoo!! Kitchen done Here are Pictures!!



Contact: janellemiller (My Page)
Posted on Thu, Dec 7, 06
Link to kitchen photos: http://www.photobucket.com/albums/r160/janellemiller

Details:
  • Cabinets: Local cab maker, shaker style 3"styles and rails, dark chocolate stained quartersawn oak and natural maple w/birdseye and copper inlays.
  • Granite: Indian Copper Brown, also called Coffee Brown
  • Backsplash & Buffet wall: Honey Onyx subway pattern polished; backsplash grout is desert bloom, an off white color.
  • Kitchen Aid: 42" side by side SS Refrig, Dbl Ovens, Dishwasher
  • Viking: 4 burner gas range w/griddle and downdraft vent
  • Lighting: Bruck Enzis track/pendants,
    sconces: Torll wall sconce by designer George Kovacs; ordered from lighting.com (click on Bellacor.com. then under sconces, contemporary, #39537)
  • Sinks: Elkay 37" Dbl Bowl, 14" single SS
  • Faucets: Grohe K4 Both main and island sinks
  • Floor: Select 2 natural maple 3"
  • Rugs: New orleans contemporary; ordered from rugs.com
  • Sconces were ordered from lighting.com, then click on Bellacor.com. then under sconces, contemporary, #39537 it is the Torll wall sconce by designer George Kovacs
  • Paint: Pratt Lambert- Winter Cloud which is a shade darker than Restoration Hardwares-Silver Sage.
  • Island seating: from a local billiards shop; called Lisbon style in chrome and black leather.
Here are the dimensions of my island:
As it is shaped like a triangle with corners cut off ,the actual frame of cabinet is:, 39" to fit the 36" range, then each side of that is 56 1/2", then the ends are 24", then the length of the granite the stool area is 85" and there is a 11 1/2" overhang on the granite there. What I did was took graph paper and made each square 6", then if your granite piece is say 5ft by 10ft (60" by 120") you cut out a rectangle shape to match and the start folding corners to come up with the right size and shape. I love the cooktop on the island for a few reasons, First I had gotten used to range cooking there w/ old layout of kitchen, I like looking out into the area and towards people at counter while I'm cooking, I do most my prep work to the left of the range and my island sink is on that end so it is very convenient, when we have parties or holiday gatherings I sometimes leave pots on the grates to stay warm and serve from there. I believe if you have the room it works great! My big dilema was not having the big range and stovetop w/ hood as a focal point on one of my walls, but w/ a large window on one wall and a furnace vent going up the other I had no choice you just make something else the focal point. Sorry this is lengthy but hope it is helpful!!! JMil


0 comments: