Kitchen Refacing Completed....
Contact: ntt_hou (My Page)
Posted on Tue, Dec 4, 07
Link to kitchen photos: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v146/NTT_HOU/Kitchen/
- Cabinets: Existed box made of 1/2" plywood. Doors & 2 new cabinets were custom built with the same 1/2" plywood. Cabinets were sanded and repainted with a satin base coat and topped with a semi-gloss glazed lighter color to achieve the texturized gold look. All antique brass hardwares for the cabinets were replaced (from Home Depot). 3 of 24" length GE Premium undercabinet lights were added. Plexiglass sheets added to bottom portion of base cabinets to serve as wheelchair bumpers =o). These were attached by screws for easy replacement.
- Countertop: Granite: 3 cm thick, from Brazil, color is Tobacco Wave.
- Backsplash: Italian porcelain tiles from Master Tile, 4"x4", color terracotta. Grout color: buck wheat.
- Kitchen sink: Ticor brushed SS 16 gauge undermounted, 2 bowls with grids
- Bar sink: No brand name, brushed SS 18 gauge undermounted
- Kitchen & Bar Faucets: No brand name, solid brass built with brushed nickel finish
- Appliances remained the same:
Maytag double oven and dishwasher (White)
Whirlpool Gold refrigerater (SS)
Frigidaire 32" coil cooktop (SS)
Hood vent (no clue but looks like just a standard)
- Existing floor: Saltillo tiles
- Wall: Wallpaper remained good intact for over 30 yrs., there was no need to be removed. The wall was texturized and painted over.