Classic White and Chestnut Kitchen with a twist
Contact: gglks (My Page)
Posted on Sat, Nov 15, 08
Link to kitchen photos: http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/gsteinga/
- Cabinets - Omega/Dynasty Wyatt door style in pearl. Island is alder/chestnut
- Countertops - Costa Esmerelda granite
- Backsplash - by Elon tile - raised alabaster basketweave with ming green.
- Hardware - Restoration Hardware - Gilmore pull and plain knob
- Lights - Ballard Designs - "Westport pendant" in silvered glass
- Sink - Kohler Verity stainless farmhouse sink
- Faucet - Price Pfister Treviso
- Appliances -
cooktop: Thermador 6 burner
microwave: Bosch convection
all others: Jenn-Air
- Paint - Sherwin Williams grecian ivory
The dimensions are 21 1/2 ft by 14 1/2 ft. based on kitchen designing rules, our aisles are a little tight.....3 ft between sink and island and 42 inch between refrige wall and island (which has seating). I am a one cook household so the sink being close to the island is actually perfect for me. As far as the aisle with seating, the wine cooler and one pantry are behind the stools. Sad to say, but the wine cooler is my one area that is a little tight to get into!!!
The banquette is 8 ft. by 5 1/2 ft. - that was basically the space we had to work with. I put a base cabinet and then a wall cabinet that comes down to the counter in the corner (right next to the banquette) for cookbooks, junk and crafts for the kids. Since the base cabinet is 18 inches, that is what we decided for the depth of the seat. The contractor built a sloped back which is 3 inches so the actually seat is 15 inches deep. We also had 3 inch cushions made which I totally recommend. It is very comfortable for us. We had to work with certain restrictions so you might want to make the seat deeper....say a 22 inch seat with a 4 inch sloping back. My contractor had me sit in different chairs to determine what would work for us.
Island with Seating