Decora Arlington cherry - Tropical Green granite kitchen
Posted by yanalg on Sat, Feb 28, 09
Link to yanalg's Gardenweb finished kitchen post
Link to yanalg's kitchen photos
Link to yanalg's blog: http://yanasnewkitchen.blogspot.com/
- Cabinets: Decora, Cherry, Arlington stain. Blumotion, full extension are standard features with this cabinet line.
- Countertop: Hawaiian Green granite aka Tropical Green/ Kerala Green/ Verde Laura.
- Backsplash: also Hawaiian Green granite
- Appliances (all GE Monogram - DH works for GE and we got a VERY good discount)
- dishwasher: GE Monogram
- refrigerator: 42" GE Monogram
- range: 6 burner GE Monogram with griddle option
- hood: GE Monogram
- microwave: GE Monogram Advantium model 120
- Sink: Galaxy Tools Ticor S405-DR
- Faucet: Brizo Floriano in stainless steel finish (e-bay seller 5borough). The airswitch (also stainless steel) came from GalesburgElectric.com. The disposal is GE 1HP continuous feed.
- Lighting: My installer supplied the light cans. The pendants are made by Access Lighting, bought as a close-out from lamps-lighting on ebay. The UL (LED pucks, self-adhesive) came from BJ’s - $30 for 6. I pretty much never use the UL, so I am glad I didn’t spend a fortune on the wired UL.
- Paint: BM Tyler Taupe.
- Pulls: purchased on ebay from Contempo Living (a great seller!)
- Floor: we kept the 'old' floor, as it was replaced just before we bought the house by the previous owner. It is just fine (ceramic 12x12 tile) and it covers a good chunk of the first floor so it would be very wasteful and a pain too to replace it.
- The crock was made by a local artist, Darren Prodger from Saratoga Clayworks.
- Nifty idea: hiding the phone and cell phone charger inside a wall cabinet. The outlet was put through the cabinet side adjacent to the wall, so the regular phone is hidden, and so are the wires for charging mobiles.
Cabinets: Base >36"high
Cabinets: Wall >12"deep
Cabinets: Wall >36"high
Full Extension Drawers
Lighting: Under Cabinet
Peninsula without Seating
Plug inside Cabinet