White and Espresso Kitchen With Antique Pendants
Link to redroze's Gardenweb finished kitchen post
Link to redroze's website with photos
Link to redroze's Before&After Photo
- Cabinets: custom cabinetry made by our general contractor's uncle whose company is CD 28 Inc. Cabinet style is inset, recessed panel with concealed hinges. Grooved detail on both the doors and frames (slightly more detailed than a Shaker style). The painted cabinetry is Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace and the maple cabinets and island were custom stained to match the dark espresso grain in our hardwood floors.
- Countertops: Bianco Antico granite. The base colour is an off-white with deposits of grey quartz, red garnet that looks like crushed red lollipops, black mica and thin sheets of pearly silver. It is 1 ¼” or 3 cm with an eased edge.
- Backsplash: Heath Ceramics 2x8 handmade tiles from Ann Sacks in Chalk White with a matte finish. The colour is very white with a grey undertone. We did it in a traditional subway pattern. We went with a white grout as we didn't want the backsplash pattern to compete with the granite. The elongated shape is a modern take on the standard 3x6 subway tile.
~ Kitchenaid French door fridge
~ Kitchenaid 5-burner electric cooktop
~ Kitchenaid dishwasher
~ GE microwave
~ GE wall oven
~ Vent-A-Hood range hood insert
- Hardware: Aubrey polished chrome pulls (mostly 8” but one 6” for the small drawer), Hanson polished chrome 1 ¼” knobs, and two polished nickel 1 ¼” glass knobs for the glass cabinet. All from Restoration Hardware.
- Pendants: antique reproduction pendant lights from Turn of the Century Lighting in a bright nickel finish
- Sinks and Faucets:
~ main sink: Blanco silgranit super single precis in Biscuit from Quality Bath.
~ main faucet: with side spray, bar faucet and soap dispensers are all from the Danze Opulence collection in polished chrome from Quality Bath.
~ prep sink: Ticor S705 stainless steel prep sink from Galaxy Tool Supply.
- Flooring: red oak hardwood. The stain is a custom mix of mainly Duraseal Ebony and some Minwax Red Mahogany (bizarre mix, I know!)
- Paint: The wall colour is Benjamin Moore Natural Cream which is a pale neutral. The painted cabinets, crown molding, baseboards and ceiling are Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace which is a crisp white with a hint of warmth.
- Stools: The leather and brushed chrome barstools are from Urban Barn and add a modern touch to the space. I wanted low backs so they don’t interfere with the view from the kitchen to the family room.
Island with Seating
Lighting: Under Cabinet