Retro-Inspired Kitchen with White Cabinets and Emerald Pearl Counters
Contact: hmdennis (My Page)
Posted on Fri, Oct 23, 09
Link to hmdennis' Gardenweb fnished kitchen post
Link to hmdennis' kitchen photos
- Cabinets: Custom from Western Idaho Cabinet. Cabinets and trim are Dove White
- Counters: Emerald Pearl granite
- Backsplash: Anchor Bay Tile - Soho in Bisque, and black liner from Home Depot.
- Windows: Marvin wood interior, aluminum exterior
- Lighting: Schoolhouse electric
- Wall Color: Benjamin Moore Windham Cream
- Appliances: existing
- Sink: Sterling McCallister 33x9 single bowl
- Faucet: Hanover
- We undertook a remodel of our kitchen, dining room, laundry room this summer. I have been inspired by the "Big Enough" house movement, and was determined to keep our 2000 sq. ft 1936 house true to itself while meeting the needs of our family of five. After 6 years in our house we decided that we really just needed a slightly larger dining room, and that all of our other needs could be met within the original foot print. The kitchen remains 13x9. The main structural changes we made were to bump the dining room out four feet, move the wall next to the refrigerator back 18 inches to create more space for the island and install larger, more energy efficient doors and windows.
- The kitchen footprint stayed the same, but we bumped the DR out 4 ft. The beam in the ceiling of the DR is the old exterior wall.
- Pantry: 12" deep, 4 ft wide, 84" tall. The pantry shelves have 3 tier risers. If you had the room, I would suggest 14 inches, because most of the organizer baskets I found won't fit in faced front to back.
- The island drawers are 36 inches wide and 8 inches deep.
- Contractor: Baerenk Construction (fabulous!)
Cabs Base>24in Deep
Cabs Base>36in High
Cabs Wall>12in Deep
Cabs Wall>36in High
Full Extension Drawers
Island with Seating
Lighting Under Cabinet
Pegged Plate Organizer