From Dark Cherry with Granite to Painted White with Soapstone
Posted by natashak on Sat, Jan 23, 10
link to natashak's Gardenweb finished kitchen post
Link to natashak's kitchen photos
Link to natashak's Before&After photo
- Cabinets: original C Classic in cherry. Painted Benjamin Moore Linen White. Custom soffit/hood cover made by our contractor.
- Countertop: Black Venata soapstone
- Backsplash: Ann Sacks Capriccio in Antique White
- Stove: Wolf 48" DF
- Hood: Wolf
- Sink: stainless Franke FHX710-33C (now discontinued, but available at homeandstone.com). Sink is not undermount; it was installed flush with the soapstone countertop.
- Faucet: Franke FHF 300
- Pot Filler: Giagni (overstock)
- Hardware: Restoration Hardware
Background:While my kitchen was fine before, I wanted to love being in it. I wanted more room so we removed the island. I've always wanted a Wolf Range and this was the only way I was getting it. We also desperately needed to lighten it up. Because we only have one tiny window and it's on the west side of our house, we don't get much sun.
I LOVE not having that island. The kitchen was simply too small for an island. It was obtrusive and clustered. I never used it to cook on, so I didn't lose any "prep" space. I felt that I couldn't move in the kitchen before