Warm Contemporary Kitchen with IKEA Cabinets
Posted by morton5 on Wed, May 27, 09
Link to morton5's Gardenweb finished kitchen post
Link to morton5's kitchen photos
- Cabinets: Ikea Tidaholm oak in black/brown, and Adel birch in medium brown (in pantry area and planning peninsula). Shaker doors. I chose IKEA because I love their organization systems and their Blum tandembox drawers and glides. I assembled all of the cabinets myself and changed the edgebanding to match the door/drawer fronts. I was kind of excited to find "Made in Italy" stickers on all the Tidaholm doors. My GC's carpenter installed the cabinets. All drawers are full extension with soft close.
- Countertop: Madura Gold granite
- Backsplash: Jeffrey Court's Fire and Ice, enhanced, kashmir grout
- Cabinet Hardware: Hickory Hardware pulls
- Range: Bluestar 36" RNB 6-burner with island trim. The cabinet run on the range wall is pulled out 3 inches. I have a 4" strip of granite behind the range.
- Hood: Futuro Futuro 48" plane (980 cfm) venting through a 6" pipe. Installed 28 3/4in above the range.
- Ovens: GE Monogram Advantium over ZET
- Dishwasher: Bosch Integra 800 series
- Refrigerator: Samsung French door RFG297. We pulled out surrounding cabs to make the fridge look built-in.
- "Kid fridge" 24" LG LRBP1031 in Titanium-- love it! Holds the kids' yogurts, drinks, fruit, ice cream, frozen baked goods, ice packs-- and keeps the kids out of my way. In the same footprint as refrigerator drawers, I got twice the space at half the price. Between the Samsung and the LG, I have almost 40 cu. ft. of refrigerator/freezer space.
- Prep Sink Disposal: compact Badger disposal, the smallest I could find (we are on septic, so it is just used for the odds and ends I don't scoop out of the sink)."
- Faucets: Grohe K4 (prep sink) and Alira (main sink)
- Tapmaster at main sink
- Soap dispensers from Never MT web site
- Sinks: Zero radius, 15 gauge stainless from Ebay-- 30" at main sink and 23" at prep sink
- Table: Oak from reclaimed antique floor joists, from Ebay (barnseeker.com)
- Chairs: Bonded leather from Overstock-- love them
- Floors: Red oak, Refinished and stained Minwax golden oak, 3 coats of oil-based poly
- Lighting: Grundtal lights under the cabinets. I used 3 on an 80" section of horizontal cabs.
Full Extension Drawers
Horizontal Lift Doors
Island with Seating
Lighting: Above Cabinet
Lighting: Under Cabinet
Peninsula without Seating